Family Style [DVD] review by Jet

• Released: Nov 23, 2004
  • Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 8
Jet: Family Style [DVD]

First off, I am a big Jet fan. I liked them a lot on their first album "Get Born." Their sound is awesome. A lot of people compare them to AC/DC, but I don't really agree. They are unique and more upbeat than their Aussie companions. On this DVD, they put out a stellar performance. They sing most of their songs from "Get Born" plus a few singles and songs from their cut "Dirty Sweet EP." It is impressive. They are a great live band and perform very well. They are very good at getting the crowd into their music and are great at keeping it going. Their bassist is awesome, and their drummer is as well. Nic Cester does an awesome job of singing and playing lead guitar on nearly every song. There other guitarist, Cameron Muncy, didn't have his amped turned up nearly enough though; at least I didn't think so. I don't know, maybe that's what they were meaning to do, but it didn't cut throught the loud drums and Nic's guitar at all. Overall it sounded awesome!

Content — 8
The actual DVD is pretty good. It is obviously a live concert like I said. They had an approximately 15 minute segment of them on tour, playing and messing around. It wasn't really that cool, especially since most of the language didn't exactly fit the title of the DVD, "Family Style." It wasn't too bad though. They also had most of their music videos on it. They had a "new" Rollover DJ and Look What You've Done video. I say new because they are actually from Australia and the UK. The overall DVD was decent, but not amazing.

Production Quality — 8
Their isn't much to say about this. The DVD obviously wasn't a cheaply produced one. It was very professional looking and impressive. They incorperate their look from "Get Born" with the artwork and stuff. Pretty cool.

Overall it was pretty cool and if you like Jet, watch it!