Family Style [DVD] review by Jet

• Released: Nov 23, 2004
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 8
Jet: Family Style [DVD]

The sound that Jet offers in their family style DVD greatly expresses the true sound of Jet. It is a great way of showing what a true concert of their's is like. I, having attended a Jet concert, am satisfied on how one came through even on DVD. The crunch of the guitars, boom of the bass, crash of the drums, and feedback of the amps, morph together, on this DVD, to form a sound that is uniquely Jet. I especially enjoyed the satisfaction of knowing, yes that really is Nic Cester screaming for real, what a voice.

Content — 10
Jet, Family Style contains a great concert by the 4 guys who put all other songs on hold while their monster of a hit invaded radio stations. They rocked out a monster set containing all the fast and loud songs off of their only album to date (Get Born), plus 2 expert covers, a rockin B-Side song, and 2 of their awesome slower tracks. Along with a great concert, Jet provided a pre-album tour documenory that takes you behind the scenes and helps you get to know your favorite Aussie rockers. This, as well as all of the Jet music videos to date make this an awesome DVD.

Production Quality — 8
The sound on the DVD came across great. The picture was to my liking. Although I was confused by the fact that at the end of a few scenes, the image would freeze for not even a second. At one point of the film, it seemed intentional, but at other parts it just got in the way. intentional or not, that was one thing that was excellent about the DVD.

Jet, Family Style is one of my favorite DVDs. I love being able to see Jet live in my home at any time I want to. I also enjoy going behind the scenes and being able to get to know the personalities of Nic Cester, Chris Cester, Cam Muncey, and Mark Wilson. If anyone were to steal this DVD, they'd better watch out. If I lost it, I wouldn't even hesitate to buy it back. Thank you, Jet, for putting out such a great DVD.