Family Style [DVD] Review

artist: Jet date: 07/19/2005 category: compact discs
Jet: Family Style [DVD]
Released: November 23, 2004
Jet, the most explosive rock act of the year is releasing their first DVD: Family Style. It brings all the raw energy fans have come to expect from the Aussie rockers. Family Style, shot in London in front of 4,000 fans, is over an hour long and includes additional songs that are not available anywhere else.
 Content: 8.7
 Production Quality: 8
 5.9
 8.7
 3.1
reviews (3) user comments vote for this album:
Family Style [DVD] Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 25, 2005

Sound: First off, I am a big Jet fan. I liked them a lot on their first album "Get Born." Their sound is awesome. A lot of people compare them to AC/DC, but I don't really agree. They are unique and more upbeat than their Aussie companions. On this DVD, they put out a stellar performance. They sing most of their songs from "Get Born" plus a few singles and songs from their cut "Dirty Sweet EP." It is impressive. They are a great live band and perform very well. They are very good at getting the crowd into their music and are great at keeping it going. Their bassist is awesome, and their drummer is as well. Nic Cester does an awesome job of singing and playing lead guitar on nearly every song. There other guitarist, Cameron Muncy, didn't have his amped turned up nearly enough though; at least I didn't think so. I don't know, maybe that's what they were meaning to do, but it didn't cut throught the loud drums and Nic's guitar at all. Overall it sounded awesome! // 10

Overall Impression: Overall it was pretty cool and if you like Jet, watch it! // 8

Family Style [DVD] Reviewed by: gtmiller, on may 23, 2005

Sound: Jet's music sounds pretty good, but we all know they are using AC/DC's riffs. I don't really care since most of their songs are easy to play and they are good songs. // 8

Overall Impression: IT doesn't really compare to anything else, that's my opinion. The most impressive thing was most likely "the whole thing!" I love the DVD, but hate the baby mop ad. I also found somethign strange - if it's called "Jet Family Style," then why does it have a parental advisory? What's up with that? I wouldn't get this again if it were stolen because I have watched it a million times. // 8

Family Style [DVD] Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 19, 2005

Sound: The sound that Jet offers in their family style DVD greatly expresses the true sound of Jet. It is a great way of showing what a true concert of their's is like. I, having attended a Jet concert, am satisfied on how one came through even on DVD. The crunch of the guitars, boom of the bass, crash of the drums, and feedback of the amps, morph together, on this DVD, to form a sound that is uniquely Jet. I especially enjoyed the satisfaction of knowing, yes that really is Nic Cester screaming for real, what a voice. // 10

Overall Impression: Jet, Family Style is one of my favorite DVDs. I love being able to see Jet live in my home at any time I want to. I also enjoy going behind the scenes and being able to get to know the personalities of Nic Cester, Chris Cester, Cam Muncey, and Mark Wilson. If anyone were to steal this DVD, they'd better watch out. If I lost it, I wouldn't even hesitate to buy it back. Thank you, Jet, for putting out such a great DVD. // 10

Comments