Get Born review by Jet

• Released: Oct 7, 2003
Jet: Get Born

The sound of Jet's debut album (Get Born) is absolutely amazing they have brought back of that 70's kind of rock'n'roll and mixed it with modern rock'n'roll styles, to create a great cd. With several solos throughout, and a variety of instruments such as harmonicas, banjos, and pianos, makes for an excellent CD. Did I mention that 3 of the 4 of them sing, and if you have a preconception that their vocals suck, you realy need to hear the CD to actually believe how good they sing.

The lyrics were fairly good. I noticed in songs like 'Lazy Gun' they used the word "fun" alot, not to say it is a bad song but it gets a little repetitive. They generally say the name of the song in the song quite a bit, but once again it really doesn't take much away from the songs. They sing about a wide variety of ideas. Did I mention that 3 of the 4 of them sing, and if you have a preconception that their vocals suck, you realy need to hear the CD to actually believe how good they sing.

Well overall this cd compares to alot of 70's rock bands and a few modern rock bands. My favorite songs are 'Lazy Gun', 'Move On', 'Are You Gonna Be My Girl', and 'Cold Hard Bitch'. I was impressed by the banjo in 'Move On'(By the way I think it is a banjo but I'm not sure so if I'm wrong don't chastise me for it)it sounds really good and has a little solo thing in the midst of the song. I like the sound, lyrics, vocals, and especially the instruments. I hate 'Get What You Need', I don't know why, I think it is because when they are singing in the chorus "Come On And Get What You Need" it reminds me partially of Weezer and The Vines, I can't stand that song. If I were to lose(it wouldn't be stolen because I guard it with my life) I would definately buy it again. If you have the money and want a good CD buy this CD it is worth every freakin' penny, honest, you won't get and be disappointed. If I had a choice to go back and buy this CD or the new Blink 182 CD, I'd buy this and burn the Blink CD from someone else. (Extra Info): 13 Tracks;48 Minutes. (My Thoughts): You'll will like some of th songs or maybe even most of the songs, but I can guarantee you, you most likely won't like every single song. It is a good CD but it is no Pink Floyd: Dark Side Of The Moon.