Get Born review by Jet

• Released: Oct 7, 2003
Jet: Get Born

Straight out of the 70's, here comes the Australian band Jet. Jet is a mixof new and old rock. They have blended new age sound with old school rock very successfully on their debut album "Get Born". The band has very catchy rhythms and beats to their songs like "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" and "Rollover DJ" with a few execptions. Songs like "Timothy" and "The Radio Song" are just flat out stupid. I also love how they use solos of all kinds in their songs. Bass, Drums, as well as the guitar all have awesome solos in nearly every song.

Nick Cester adds some awesome lyrics to the bands rump - bustin sound. The lyrics fit the music well. The music is rockin and so are the lyrics. The lyric presentation reminded me of that of The Who and The Rolling Stones. The vocalist, Nick Cester, is outstanding and brings a refreshing breath of air after the pollution of the rap and pop music. These lyrics rock!

Overall, this album is fantastic. It is great old school rock with an new school kicker and its great. The most impressive songs on this album are "Are You Gonna Be My Girl","Cold Hard B--","Get What You Need", "Last Chance", "Lazy Gun", "Look What You've Done" and "Rollover D.J." If this album was stolen from me I would definitely buy it again. Please, if you like rock and roll, buy this album!