Get Born review by Jet

• Released: Oct 7, 2003
Jet: Get Born

The sound of this cd is different than other of the time us pop-punk and numetal. It is an older English rock sound. That sound quality is even a little dirty to go for that older sound. With multiple guitar and a lead singer with a voice to be a rock star in the 70's this band has a great sound.

Most of the lyrics from Jet are just fun songs with a catchy toon, but if you really listen to them they usually are telling a story. The ryme skeems are different that some of the other bands with a pashonate yell here and there. Some of the song have a sentamentle feel tear jerking lyrics like the Song "move on" will make you think about things that you have had to leave behind that you didn't want to. This song will leave you with a kind of sad but renewed feeling that I get when I listen to PInk Floyd.

The cd can't rightfully be compared to any cd that has come out in the last 10 years in my opion because jet have such a unique sound. I guess that my favorite songs on the cd are "radio song, Move on, rollover DJ, and get me outta here". What I love about this album so much is the complete uniqueness of it. You will never be listening to the radio and here just come on and mistake them for some other band. With them working a taberine into one of their song that have one of the most unique guiatr sounds around. If you do not have this cd already I sugest you run to the nerrest store and buy it or download it.