Get Born review by Jet

• Released: Oct 7, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 5.3 Decent
Jet: Get Born

For some reason Jet didnt cut it with me, I think that they are talented but they cannot be compared in anyway to AC/DC. I have found that most people I have asked about them seem to think they are one hit wonders, though this is questionable as they received 6 Aria awards last night. I do think though however that they are going for that 70s sound but just not hitting it. Too candy, too try hard. A waste of their musical talent, I think they should try to find their own sound.

Great singer, waste. The lyrics mostly get repetitive, not the case will all songs but their hit singles Rollover DJ and Are You Going To Be My Girl? seem to be good examples of this repetitiveness. Right now people are already purple with rage as they read this but I have to say once again, going for the 70s sound but not hitting it.

People say that they are the next ACDC who they draw inspiration from yet they play punk. A completely different genre. Speaking from a guitarist point of view its like contrasting Greenday and Akka Dakka. Jet slips right into the Greenday column but are a long way off the top of the list.