Get Born review by Jet

• Released: Oct 7, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Jet: Get Born

A decent album with some distinctive rock sounds. Some very good riffs on this album, especially on their hit single "Are You Gonna Be My Girl." This album is very easy to listen to, and has some funky stuff to listen to. But some songs sound too much like others on the album, and apart from having their own cool sound and style, they seem to stick to this, and some riffs seem to sound samey.

Most of the lyrics seem to have no meaning to life, and aren't the kind of lyrics that you can relate to. But why do they have to be? These songs seem just to be about having a great time and pulling chicks, and I think that's great! I apologize if some of you think that this is not the case. I think the singer of the band has a great voice with a cool rock style, but I've heard it before. The singer's voice has no distinctivity, but he has some skill.

Overall, this album is very distinctive from other artist's and has a very good rock sound. But at times, while listening to the album, I feel I have heard it a couple of tracks ago. A fun album to listen to if you're in the mood for some good rock, but I think you'll be putting Led Zeppelin on before long and putting this to the side. The band itself has plenty of distinctivity to other bands, but the tracks have no distinctivity to eachother! Slightly below my high expectations, but good fun for a little while.