Get Born review by Jet

• Released: Oct 7, 2003
Jet: Get Born

Jet makes its world debut on their first and awesome album "Get Born." Jet has a very distict sound compared to most musicians these days. They show many different sides of themselves on this album with some really catchy, up-beat songs and some slower, more cooled off songs. I think there sound is awesome. I do get flashbacks to the '70s when listening to this album. Oh yeah, it may sound dumb but I like how this album sounds like it was all recorded on one cut. The songs are kind of "linked" together and I think it sounds cool. I was reading previous reviews about this album and I can't believe that people think this is punk music! I disagree completely. Jet sounds much more like AC/DC and old school/classic rock bands like that than they do Green Day. Whoever said that doesn't have a clue. The overall sound of the album is generally upbeat and pretty cool. I love the catchy guitar riffs and actual good solos they use.

The lyrics aren't necessarily the strong point on this album, but that doesn't mean that they're bad. I think that the sound of the actual music is better than the lyrics but they still pretty good. The singer Nic Cester is pretty good and all the lyrics fit the songs really well. The do get a little repetative, but they do really hit that vintage rock sound. Pretty good.

Overall this album is a gem. It is so much better than a great deal of the other so-called rock that is coming out these days. I like pretty much all of there songs and don't skip any when listening to this album. Except when I get to the end. I don't really like the song Timothy. I read on the Jet sight that it is about the bassist's little brother or something, but it is still not cool. I always find myself reaching for another CD when song #13 comes on. I think that they should've included the song Sgt. Major on the cd instead of Timothy. Overall, it is great. Yes I would definately buy it again if it were stolen. I love this band and can't wait until they release some new material. If you like classic rock, buy this!