Get Born review by Jet

• Released: Oct 7, 2003
Jet: Get Born

Jet's first album is a fantastic display of both blues rock and cleverly written ballads. They have a mixture of both and have managed to keep the special effects down. Their songs are very catchy and easy to remember and some of them have clever guitar work in it. They have a vague representation of AC/DC, building their songs around the major chords but Jet have much deeper, complex songs than AC/DC show. They have some good solos but that isn't really their forte. They make up the absence of solos with raw talent.

The lyrics adapt to the songs really well but aren't as diverse as the could have been. The lead singer has an amazing voice and has the ability to sing with ballads and the heavier stuff as well. They are a little old-school but that's what make them so popular.

This is a fantastic album and it's great to see a band come out from Australia who can compete in the northen continents. The song that really stands out is 'Are You Gonna Be My Girl' which was their break-through song. 'Timothy' is a much softer song that shows just how good at song-writing the group is. This a brilliant album and hopefully they'll be able to follow it up.

sweet_emo
    Get born was my favorite album for about a week, but somewhere around the 6th time listening to it the lyrics got redundant and the guitars began bore me. I'm not sure Nic Cester has a voice to pull. It's good upbeat music to listen to if your into that genre. And I must say, "Are you gonna be my girl?" has a mighty catchy beat.