Get Born review by Jet

• Released: Oct 7, 2003
Jet: Get Born

This band Jet brings a great new yet simple sound to the modern music scene. Their music has a feel of some classic rock. It is the kind of music that you would be driving windows down on a highway to. The music on this album is very good stuff. It has some nice rock riffs, that are a little harder than some soft acoustic parts. Both very good contrasts.

These lyrics talk a lot about leaving home and wanting those girls. The lyrics fit in greatly wiht the music. The songs do not seem to be harshly put together. The singer for Jet is a great singer for this type of band and this also fits greatly.

This album compares a lot to other artists and albums of today like The White Stripes and The strokes. The most impressive song in my eyes on this album is the track Look what you've done. It has a great piano intro with a nice vocal part. Well done. I love the flow of the album and how everything fits. Nothign seems to be stressed or strained. What I don't like about it is some of the simplicity of the songs. If this album was lost I would probably go out and get it again.

jasonkan
    i heard that jet got all bought all their riffs from old un-used AC/DC records... but still this album is great.
    frothies
    dude, when I have heard that solo in 'Take it or Leave it' I thought it was Jimmy Page playing on their Led Zep days! hahaha! x_x; it's really just me.
    tommytomtomtom
    my fav album ever, i got this when it first came out on my b-day and since then ive wanted to be a rockstar! buy this album!