Shine On review by Jet

• Released: Oct 3, 2006
Jet: Shine On

I'm 1st impression was that this album is a sign of hope. The reason I it got was I heard it was like the '70s. Jet and Strokes are the only new bands worth listening to. The style is like The Beatles and some good Hard Rock songs. Not really any innovations. It's just a 16 year old's relief from all the shitty emo and gay rap groups.

The lyrics are about love, lost, hope, and rocking. The only lyrics that really stuck out was when he talks about some putting a dead fish in his hand. The songs are put togther better in this album than "Get Born". I don't want to skip over any tracks like I do "Get Born". The singer has improved a lot and shows of a lot range. He is no Brain Johnson or Robert Plant though.

This is Much better than "Get Born". "Put your money where your mouth is", "That's All Lies", Bring It On Back", "Stand Up", "Come On Come On", and "Rip It Up" are all great. Good lyrics and good guitar work. What I like about this ablum is how it's not like anything on the radio. It's new but sounds old. Plus there is some cool solos on this. I wish the ablum rocked hard thought. There are a lot of ballads. The one that's rocks though rock hard. Really fast power chords mix with some pull offs and hammers. If it was stolen I would cut class to go get it.