Shine On review by Jet

• Released: Oct 3, 2006
Jet: Shine On

The sound is that of the bands of the '70s. Jet has the classic rock feel which is great. With this CD they went from more of a garage band on Get Born to more modeling after a band like The Beatles. They still have garage rock type songs like "Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is" but they also have ballads like "Shine On". The sound is true good old rock 'n' roll.

The lyrics of Shine on go back and forth. With some of the softer and more sophisticated songs the lyrics are great and really leave a lasting impression. Some of the lyrics are catchy and quick with not that much thought behind them. That doesn't make those songs worse, each song just differentiates. The lyrics are generally good on this CD.

It definetly compares to the Beatles, Stones or other bands of that time. Jet listened to a lot of the Beatles while creating this cd. Overall the songs are great, some catchy like "Bring It On Back" while some have a lasting effect like "Kings Horses". I love the cd, I really have no complaints. With their third album we're going to have to see if they go toward a garage band overall, or take the path of more ballads. We'll see. Yes it resembles classic bands, but it the songs give it a different feel. If you really listen to this music for real it's an amazing album and in the top five this year.

Crazy
    Guitarkid888 wrote: i dont care what anyone says but i love this album and i love jet
    Completely what I was going to say. I listened to this album 20 times through driving around at a hockey tournament and I think all 15 songs are great.
    WhereArtEsteban
    in my opinion jet barely sounds like ac/dc. they sound more like the beatles to me. whens they last time you heard ac/dc do an acoustic song.
    Mik3_182
    this cd is freakin AMAZING..i cant stop listening to it..got a nice beatles sound to it but its still jet..awsome
    oakster
    **** everybody who's hating on this albumb. its a SICK cd. go buy it, you wont regret it...
    mike_anderson25
    yea amen oakster jet rocks shine on is its best work yet every needs to calm the f*ck down and listen to some gud ol' fashioned rock. i also recommend the datsuns new cd smoke and mirrors