Fidelity Is The Enemy review by Jim Boggia

• Released: Jul 17, 2001
Jim Boggia: Fidelity Is The Enemy

As a child, Jim Boggia would apparently lock himself in his room with stacks of records and a gramaphone for hours, a habit he pays tribute to in his song "Bubblegum 45's". As a result, this debut album strives to capture the sound of Beatles-esque pop music before it was turned over to the lip synchers and teeny boppers and, for the most part, succeeds. He mixes mellow acoustic guitar with wailing electric, producing a wide range of sound.

Jim Boggia's lyrics don't take themselves too seriously. Even in the midst of a melancholy ballad "Black And Blue", Boggia sings, "This is the point at which I need to write a bridge for this, but I haven't done it yet." The lyrics, though not exactly staggeringly beautiful poetry, flow well, and Boggia's vocal skills are impressive.

Jim Boggia's overall performance on this album was something I liked, mainly because he blended styles of music from over the past 50 years into something really unique. Songs to get on itunes: "Toy Boat", "Black And Blue", and "Nothing Wrong With Me". If this album were lost, I would definitely buy it again.