Are You Experienced review by Jimi Hendrix

Jimi Hendrix: Are You Experienced

Hendrix is without a doubt the greatest guitarist of all time, which easily shows on the album Experience Hendrix: the greatest hits, it shows him at his all time best with amazing tracks such as Voodoo Child (Slight Return) Purple Haze, Foxy Lady, Hey Joe etc. Jimi uses his rock style and guitar effects plenty in the album and he manages to include his amazing solos. simply a great sound on the entire album!

Well I didn't really buy the CD for the sake of the lyrics, but more to play my guitar along to, but I found myself playing my guitar and singing the lyrics to it, which is fair enough really, the only thing with the lyrics is you can't hear them in purple haze very well. The lyrics used are very good though I must admit, and they fit with the drums and guitar very well. And of course, we all know jimi is a great singer and guitarist!

I'm not going to compare any of Jimi Hendrix's music to any other artist I know of because quite frankly, I can't, he is the only guitarist/singer I know of his style. So it would be almost impossible to compare it to anyone else. The songs that impress me the most are probobally Foxy Lady, Voodoo Child (Slight Return), Hey Joe and Purple Haze. Those are my personal favourites, but the rest of the songs are still amazing! I dont hate anything about the album, well, I am not the biggest fan of track 20, but I'll live with it. I love the whole ablum other than that! If my Hendrix album was stolen, I'd hunt down the thief and get it back, or if I couldnt I'd have to go buy it again.