Are You Experienced review by Jimi Hendrix

Jimi Hendrix: Are You Experienced

A flawless album by Mr. Hendrix. The album opens with a fuzzy guitar with "Purple Haze" one of Hendrix's most famous songs. A true classic, every instrument shines out in their own way, and the guitar riffs are as beautifully crafted as any song we have come to expect from Hendrix. By the time Manic Depression roars in, the band has already captured your full attention, and will not let go. Jimi's solos especially are some of the greatest by any guitarist, making them very difficult to master. Are You Experienced? was a true evolution for music upon release, and it has never been the same since.

Jimi's lyrics tell of all sorts of experiences, and many are quite famous. The storytelling in Hey Joe lets you take a look into Jimi's mind, like no other song could do. His soul vocals on songs like "May This Be Love" and "Love Or Confusion" stand out from the rest of the album which has fiercer vocals on tracks such as "Fire" and "Stone Free". Jimi is a great singer in my opinion, and his voice sounds truly great on the entire album expressing all the emotions necesary to make us feel his emotions when writing these lyrics.

The Jimi Hendrix Experience's Are You Experience, is one of the most influential and important albums of the entire classic rock genre. Mitch Mitchell and Noel Redding not only one of the best rhythm sections of all time, but also of all of classic rock. And, if you didn't know how great of a guitarist Jimi Hendrix is, you shouldn't even be on this website. His playing is nearly magical on this album, as expected of a legened such as him. My favorite tracks are the legendary "Purple Haze" and "Hey Joe", the loud and raunchy "Fire" and "Foxy Lady" and last but not least, the true blues song, "Red House". If you have not heard this album, you must go out and buy it immediatly! It remains one of my all-time favorite albums for many years, and I'm sure you would love it as well.