Axis: Bold as Love review by Jimi Hendrix

Jimi Hendrix: Axis: Bold as Love

I love The Jimi Hendrix Experience's sound on Axis: Bold as Love. This is my favorite album by the band. This album has some of my favorite songs that Jimi made with the band. On Jimi's part, I love the guitar rhythms and lead playing on this album. Also, his lyrics are actually quite dynamic and artful on this album. Mitch and Noel also are right in there, holding their own on this album with some nice bass riffs and tight drumming. This album has some of Jimi's best guitar playing and tone, in my opinion. I absolutely love the clean tones on some of the songs on this album and the use of fuzz, wah, and uni-vibe quite well to add a nice effect to the songs.

The lyrics on this album are, in my opinion, some of Hendrix's best. I don't think that Jimi particularly excels in lyrics, but they are actually quite good on this album and better than the previous album. As far as singing skills, they're the same deep and masculine vocals that Jimi always produced. And that's just fine. He may not be the best singer, but his voice compliments the music well. A song with great lyrics is Bold as Love.

As I said before, this is my favorite album by The Jimi Hendrix Experience in practically every aspect. The most impressive songs from this album are Spanish Castle Magic, Little Wing, If 6 Was 9, Castles Made of Sand, and Bold as Love. What I love most about this album is Jimi's guitar tone. Especially his clean tone. It's so beautiful. His fuzz tone is also creamy and just as fuzz should sound. There's not too much I don't like about this album. I do think that some of the songs are unnecessary filler, but the album is already short as it is anyway. I would recommend this to anyone getting into Jimi Hendrix and as a general recommendation to classic rock aficionados like myself.