Band of Gypsys review by Jimi Hendrix

• Released: Mar 25, 1970
Jimi Hendrix: Band of Gypsys

The sound is great. The fist song he does has two exceptional guitar solos. Me being a guitarist my self, this CD is my biggest influence when I play. Power Of Soul is the second song on the CD. The begining is so crazy in a good way. He uses the whammy bar so good in it. You can really see where Steve Ray Vaughn got his influence from. Machine Gun, I was at loss of words when I first the guitar solo for it. It starts with this really high note around the 15th, 17th fret and then goes into amazing guitar work. The third song is with Buddy Miles singing (also doing the drumming in all the songs) his song Changes. The song proves that Jimi with a wah peddle was amazing. Message To Love is a song Jimi made. It has great opening notes, and then there is We Gotta Live Together. Buddy Miles is sing in this song too.

The lyrics are good. Jimi and Buddy Miles arnt just good at what they play but also at song writting. The singing abillity is ok. In Machine Gun Jimi's voice sortof cracks a little, but the actual lyrics are so powerfull. At the end of Machine Gun Buddy goes, "wooooooooooo, wooooooooo" over and over again as the song slows down. It makes the song even more powerfull.

Go out and by this CD now, if you don't already have it. It is my favorite CD. That's all I have to say.