Blue Wild Angel: Jimi Hendrix Live At The Isle Of [DVD] review by Jimi Hendrix

• Released: Nov 12, 2002
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 8
Jimi Hendrix: Blue Wild Angel: Jimi Hendrix Live At The Isle Of [DVD]

Jimi Hendrix is an amazing guitarist. You get almost everyting you would expect from. My only problems with the performance is that Jimi kind of lingers off in some of his songs and doesnt seem to be playing with the band. But the songs like "Machine Gun" (which clocks at 20 minutes or so), "Red House" and "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)" are amazing. And don't forget Mitch Mitchell's kickass drum solos and Billy Cox is awesome on bass.

Content — 10
Jimi plays a wide variety set. The whole thing clocks in at 154 minutes. It also has a few posters a tickets from the concert and an interview with the director. 01. God Save The Queen 02. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band 03. Spanish Castle Magic 04. All Along The Watchtower 05. Machine Gun 06. Lover Man 07. Freedom 08. Red House 09. Dolly Dagger 10. Foxey Lady 11. Message To Love 12. Ezy Ryder 13. Purple Haze 14. Voodoo Child (Slight Return) 15. In From The Storm.

Production Quality — 8
Overall the concert looks decent. The have plenty of camera angles and some great shots of Jimi's guitar work. The picture does have the streaks that appear on the screen occasionally. It doesn't bother me.

Overall this isn't Jimi's best concert. I'd say his Woodstock performance or the audio only section of Jimi Plays Berkeley get that title. But yeah it's a good concert, its worth the money for a few of is performances alone. If it got stolen yeah I'd buy it again. This is Jimi Hendrix.