Blue Wild Angel: Jimi Hendrix Live At The Isle Of [DVD] Review

artist: Jimi Hendrix date: 02/15/2006 category: compact discs
Jimi Hendrix: Blue Wild Angel: Jimi Hendrix Live At The Isle Of [DVD]
Released: November 12, 2002
The DVD documents the guitarist's legendary performance before 600,000 people at this massive outdoor music and arts festival in August 1970. It's a great addition to any Hendrix fan's collection.
 Content: 10
 Production Quality: 7.5
 8.1
 8.8
 7.3
reviews (2) 1 comment vote for this album:
Blue Wild Angel: Jimi Hendrix Live At The Isle Of [DVD] Reviewed by: Hendrix1970, on august 27, 2005

Sound: Jimi Hendrix is an amazing guitarist. You get almost everyting you would expect from. My only problems with the performance is that Jimi kind of lingers off in some of his songs and doesnt seem to be playing with the band. But the songs like "Machine Gun" (which clocks at 20 minutes or so), "Red House" and "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)" are amazing. And don't forget Mitch Mitchell's kickass drum solos and Billy Cox is awesome on bass. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall this isn't Jimi's best concert. I'd say his Woodstock performance or the audio only section of Jimi Plays Berkeley get that title. But yeah it's a good concert, its worth the money for a few of is performances alone. If it got stolen yeah I'd buy it again. This is Jimi Hendrix. // 10

Blue Wild Angel: Jimi Hendrix Live At The Isle Of [DVD] Reviewed by: NY773, on february 15, 2006

Sound: "Blue Wild Angel: Jimi Hendrix Live At The Isle Of Wight" was a great purchase on my part. The revamped Experience, with Billy Cox in the place of Noel Redding, were fantastic as always. Jimi Hendrix is always tuning and changing his volume levels and whatnot, but you have to forgive one of the greatest guitarists ever for that. If you buy the special edition, you'll find an extra 2 CDs that are the audio of the preformance. In my opinion, they sound better than the DVD itself. // 8

Overall Impression: Compared to "Jimi Hendrix Live At Woodstock," this DVD has a better set list, better sound and visual quality, and is of high standards. It isn't as historic, and Hendrix himself didn't think this was as good a performance. But it's a great movie overall. The most impressive thing on this DVD is the camera work. I loved virtually everything about this, but I hated those blue lines! If it were stolen or lost, I would look over the blue lines and buy it again, most definitely. // 9

Comments