Electric Ladyland review by Jimi Hendrix

Jimi Hendrix: Electric Ladyland

The ultimate Jimi experience by far. Well, breathtaking songs like Voodoo Child (Slight Return), and All Along The Watchtower among almost the whole album. This album has some of the finest guitar solos, intro's you name it. If one wants to just sit down, close their eyes and listen to a guitar speaking louder than anything, this is the album. A Masterpiece created by someone who can only be a genius. Hendrix, in this album proves why he is called the greatest guitarist ever. Something that came to me as a suprise when I heard this album was that, Jimi is not only a great guitarist but he is also a great lyricist and vocalist. The powerful words and the mindblowing lead just defines this album.

Well, I guess this was the surprise package everyone got. When one hears the name Jimi Hendrix, the first thoughts that come to you is the greatest guitarist. But, I think he is a brilliant lyricist too. The songs And The Gods Made Love, Voodoo Child and Burning Of The Midnight Lamp are lyrically great. I think his great guitaring abilities have overshadowed his rich voice. Jimi's voice is not the greatest but it has alot of meaning. The best part is that one could never say in any song of his that it doesn't go with the music. I guess, it's because he feels his guitar and music and just writes down the rhythym in words. Spectacular expression in his voice when he's singing it too.

This is the Jimi Hendrix album for all wannabe great guitarists and for all music lovers actually. The most amazing part about Jimi Hendrix albums is that, you cannot catagorize it. It's what I would call immortal. This album will have to be his best. I wish we could hear more albums from the maestro, but he unfortunately left us when he was perhaps at the peak of his career. Jimi was and will be Hendrix - the ultimate. This album is just a proof of his genius and is an album for all music lovers. It is the ABC of wizadry with the guitar.