Electric Ladyland review by Jimi Hendrix

Jimi Hendrix: Electric Ladyland

I love the sound Henbdrix guitar has on All along the Watchtower. The intro gives me goosebumps. No joke. You can really hear his R&B influence on "Have You Ever Been (To Electric Ladyland)" and "Rainy Day, Dream Away." The ending to the latter and the intro to "Still Raining, Still Dreaming" is the most awesome sound I have ever heard. I love the blues number "Voodoo Chile" besides "Hear My Train A'Coming" it is his best purely blues work.

The lyrics to "1983... (A Merman I Shall Be)" are so trippy and they fit the tune so perfectly it's mind blowing. Voodoo Child (Slight Return) have some equally mesmerizing lyrics. Although his best lyrics are on songs on other albums, (namely Axis Bold As Love's songs "Little Wing" and "Bold As Love"), the lyrics throughout the album are equally brilliant.

Electric Ladyland is definitively Hendrix's best album ever. I love how many different styles are put into this one album, from the strange intro "...And the Gods Made Love" to the powerful ending statement of "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)" this album shows Jimi's mastery of all styles. If you do not have this album run over to Best Buy or whatever and by it immediately.

sbauer187
    so hard to pick just one favorite on this album...long hot summer night is a very underrated song in my opinion...one of the best albums ever
    RedDevil07
    Yeah I agree with some of the guys here. 1983 would not only be my favorite hendrix song but one of my fave songs of all time. Also come on is like all of the other covers that jimi did, even better than the original.