Experience Hendrix: The Best Of Jimi Hendrix review by Jimi Hendrix

• Released: Nov 3, 1998
Jimi Hendrix: Experience Hendrix: The Best Of Jimi Hendrix

Jimi's greatest hits, great place to start for one of rocks greatest guitarists. The CD features Jimi's singature guitar style, along with his distinct vocal proformance. Although the guitar is the main focus of most of the songs, the drumming and bass does it's job while still doing it's job. The music is very blues (espicially by the black blues musicians of the '50s and '60s) influenced and features some beautiful and rocking soloes by Jimi. The guitar also features many different technics and effects used by Jimi. Song range from upbeat "Crosstown Traffic" to phychedelic/chill "Little Wing".

The lyrics are pretty cool. There are songs about a varuety of topics that include, running people over, tripping, being in love, killing and more tripping. Overall, the lyrics fit the songs perfectly, if the lyrics are serious, you'll know before the singing even starts. As far as singing goes Jimi sounds great. His voice really shines on "All Along The Watch Tower" and "Little Wing" My only beef with the singing is that the backup vocals in "Crosstown Traffic" get a bit annoying after awhile. The lyrics may not be deep but they fit the music very well.

This ia a great album to get started on. It has all of Jimi's classic tunes along with a few you may not of heard of. The most imperssive songs on the album are the more chill songs like "Little Wing," "Castles Made Of Song" and songs that have really rememorable riffs like "Freedom" and "Voodoo Child". I would recommend this to any phychedelic fan, or someone who just wants to get started on Jimi Hendrix. You may not fall in love with all the songs right away but, there are a few songs that will grow on you after awhile.

Godbe
    krymson
    Godbe wrote: I'd have to agree there, I've got this album and it's great. "Castles made of...song?" typo I think.
    Fuck me I SUCK at proofreading/typing