Live At Woodstock review by Jimi Hendrix

• Released: Jul 6, 1999
Jimi Hendrix: Live At Woodstock

Really Great. Sadly his conga players were mic'd quite badly so you couldn't hear them. Larry Lee (rhythm guitar) was quite out of tune in most songs. Couldn't honestly hear Billy Cox's backup singing but his bass playing was great, especially for only like two rehearsals. One real good thing though, Janie, Eddie Kramer, and John McDermott did really good job gettin rid of the out of tune stuff, and apparently two extra songs, they made it sound really good.

Ok, we all know Jimi was no singer but the lyrics were quite good. And singin while playing lead guitar and solos is really sweet. Peace and happiness, and it's great that hes not being emo.

OK, best guitarist alive, kills about any other CD I've ever heard. Yes there were some problems 'cause it was live but its really amazing. Most impressive thing to me is improvising solos all the time and the 11-minute guitar solo during the 31-minute compilation of: Voodoo Child, Star Spangled Banner, Purple Haze, Woodstock Improv, and Villanova Junction. A little disappointed how he was apologizing all the time but then again I wasnt there so I cant say how great it was back then. dude, if this cd were stolen id buy it again anyday.