Live At Woodstock [DVD] review by Jimi Hendrix

• Released: Sep 13, 2005
  • Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 5
Jimi Hendrix: Live At Woodstock [DVD]

The Band Of Gypsys played some mind blowing music, amazing stuff, blues and rock played at its best, no real story but there was a short introduction and some scenes of people enjoying themselves at Woodstock. Blues and rock styles played brilliantly and some guitar played behind head and with teeth. They completely unplanned jammed near the end and it was awesome, Jimi was awesome.

Content — 8
You could watch the whole concert, seperate songs, subtitles where available. A live concert DVD. They played Red House, it was really good, Isabella, Purple Haze, Voodoo Child, Fire, Star Spangled Banner and some others they where all amazing. No extra things on the DVD.

Production Quality — 5
Production quality was good but no real technology tricks just simply the performance. It was generally good because of no extra techonology, it hadnt been tampered with. That was one of the things that made it great. Production quality was good. No trendy techonoligcal tricks but it was good nonetheless.

Its one of my favourite concerts except for Led Zeppelin song remains the same, the most impressive part was voodoo child, I loved all the songs but I hated that it had to end. I would buy it again, I like knowing I can watch it whenever I want. My overall impression was that it was awesome.

hippy12
    good review! i think this DVD is amazing except for i noticed that the cameras tend to zoom in on/ focus on the pickups of the guitar and Hendrix plucking in solos etc., when it would of been better to see the neck or a pan of the whole guitar/ Hendrix playing. other than that the DVD is absolutely perfect!
    scirocco99
    Hear My Train A'Coming is here - on the second DVD mostly in B/W though. Why is that? The AMATEUR filmaker Goldman just snuck on stage (!) and captured the show in B/W. For half the song the pros were changing film. Hendrix showing how fast he can play on Purple Haze then four minutes later its the beautiful Villanova Junction; here, same as the 1999 release, we see him play it instead of wideshots of trash. 22 year old Jerry Valez behind Jimi plays a storm but the 3 drummer idea didn't make for a good recording, can only hear Mitch.