Voodoo Child: The Jimi Hendrix Collection review by Jimi Hendrix

• Released: May 8, 2001
Jimi Hendrix: Voodoo Child: The Jimi Hendrix Collection

Any Jimi Hendrix fan will have this album, it's great and it contains some of his greatest hits such as 'Voodoo Child', 'Purple Haze' and 'All Along The Watchtower'. There is a second disc which contains live songs played all over the world. On disc one, the opening track is 'Purple Haze'. It's not a bad track to start off with, but I would've prefered 'Voodoo Child' as the opening track. However, I am not paritculary satisfied with the sound of some of the songs on this album. Songs like 'Burning Of The Midnight Lamp' and 'Are You Experienced?' don't sound great at all. Then again, I'm not a Jimi Hendrix fan. On disc two, the live songs were played brilliantly. Despite some of the poor tracks on this album, it's not a bad album.

If you listen to a Jimi Hendrix song, you don't normally take notice of the lyrics. You would normally concentrate on his music. The lyrics are not bad, neither his singing skills, but it's his music that really counts.

If you can play every single track on this album, then you must be a guitar god. Jimi Hendrix is an unbelieveable guitarist and probably is the greatest of all time. But there are questions about who is better out of Jimi Hendrix or Joe Satriani. I'm not really sure who is a better guitarist, but I prefer Joe Satriani's music. The most impressive songs on this album are 'Hey Joe', 'All Along The Watchtower' and 'Voodoo Child'. What I like about it was that all songs contained good guitar riffs. It was just a shame that some of the songs didn't make success. If this album got stolen/lost, I'm wouldn't be sure whether to buy it again or not. To end this review, 'Voodoo Child: The Jimi Hendrix Collection' is not a bad album, but if you're a massive fan of his, you'll love this album!

Nilcerise
    no if you want true hendrix i would say Band of Gypsys so look into that PERSONAL PREFRENCE..that im right about
    JET116
    greatest guitarist of all time?? and why is he comparing Satriani to Hendrix?
    (sic)kid
    Are You Experienced? is a good track, in my opinion. It's one of the earlier tracks, so maybe that's why you don't like it as much.
    The Demiurge
    must meen personal preff hendrix is amazeing and burning the midnight oil is 1 of my faveorite intro riffs ever may have to buy this 1
    marvelboy_04
    what do you mean some of the tracks arent good? do you mean sound quality or your personal preference?
    TheFrog
    Errrr... 7.3 isn't exaxtly the greatest rating for this is it? More like 10!!!!!
    jfking
    lol this is the greatest album of all time lol i got my copy from HMV in sheffield UK, and it is the best money i have ever spent my favourite track is crosstown traffic, i think its a great song lol, i dont think this guys know what he means jus listen to his music i listen to music by near enough anyone not jus hendrix the one main thing i do with jimis songs are try to maipulate them on my guitar lol, over all though the entire disc one is great and disc 2 i aint listened to cos i have nejoyed disc 2 to much lol
    seth21
    Hendrix wasn't just a guitar player he was a guitar god and could jam in any way he wanted.He started with a ukulele then lived on the streets in New York. he was an inspiration to all. R.I.P Hendrix (Move over rover let Jimi take over)
    SpeedCacophony
    i cant see why this album only got 7.3, i mean come on its HENDRIX! this was the first cd i got of his and it changed my approach to music completely as it is still so fresh and the music still stands as mindblowing. rock on HENDRIX!!!
    Oasis-fanatic
    leggomyeggo256 wrote: Hendrix had what a lot of people said about SRV. There was nothing between his soul and the fretboard, it was just he put exactly what he felt into the music. No complex music theory to guide him, etc, just pure music. A lot of the uber shredder guitarists are pretty much one trick ponies, too, and they can only play one genre of music (speed metal). Hendrix was truley the best guitarist of all time, not only from his technique and vision (he practically defined the next two decades of music), but from his versatility as well. He could play rock, blues, country, soul, jazz, and pretty much any style around back then. And he could do it all amazingly well.
    you know your music
    Oasis-fanatic
    what the hell are you talking about this album is INSANLEY AMAZING A MUST BUY!!!!! no question about it i wasnt even much of a hendrix fan before i just bought it today to help me with my guitaring and im convinced instantly hendrix is the best guitarist of all time
    oldschoolrock23
    However, I am not paritculary satisfied with the sound of some of the songs on this album. Songs like 'Burning Of The Midnight Lamp' and 'Are You Experienced?' don't sound great at all. Then again, I'm not a Jimi Hendrix fan. Idiot.
    toadoftoadhall
    Voodoo Chile long version, 2nd album of Electric Ladyland. Best music ever. Hendrix fan since 1967. toad
    Kartman
    Stop comparing Hendrix and Satch, it's like comparing baseball caps and shoes. They're both items of clothing, but they're completely different.
    leggomyeggo256
    AniBass
    I agree, Hendrix owns Satriani, and he would own him even more if he hadn't choked on his vomit.
    Deff Kidd
    hendrixcrazyfan : what is wrong with the world? satch doesnt even come close to hendrix. the only person that comes close to being almost as good as jimi is stevie ray vaughan
    Exactly. You know what your talking about!
    Deff Kidd
    HelpMeImHungry : yeah those shredders gus can play faster than hendrix, but hey man hendrix has some good lyrics, listen to Bold as Love or Castles Made of Sand.
    ]Ya but speed isnt everything, hendrix just has plain skills
    Jimihazza
    you're all ****ing idiotic, you have no clue about playing guitar and never will. if you want to find the greatest guitarist of all time, wait for me.
    hendrixcrazyfan
    midi pure
    dude i have this cd and its awesome!!!!! easily my fav.! my fauourite song on it has to be "Spanish Castle Magic" its sooooo cool with really great solos and riffs!! and i want to say all the tracks are of brilliant quality, none of them are bad. also Hendrix could own Satriani any day, hes way better than Satriani u Ruled and still do and will keep Ruling Henfrix ROCK ON!!!
    J3bus
    I find that Jimi Hendrix is better then Joe Satriani because of his age, he died at only 27, imagine if he was still playing today!
    Crash91
    Fair enough then, I know what you lot are saying, coz Jimi Hendrix's songs were excellent, but to my opinion, I just didn't like some of his songs.
    The_Elitist
    JET116 wrote: and why is he comparing Satriani to Hendrix?
    Maybe cause Hendrix inspired Joe to become a guitarist? I dunno. They both are the best though. :p
    HelpMeImHungry