Bleed American review by Jimmy Eat World

• Released: Jul 24, 2001
  • Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Jimmy Eat World: Bleed American

There's about a 50-50 split between soft songs and heavy/heavier songs on the album. I'm not really a fan of their soft songs it just doesn't fit with them-they sound sappy. The heavier songs, on the other hand are more enjoyable not all of them though. They do have some sort of catchiness that can appeal to some people.

Lyrics-wise: I either like all the lyrics from some songs or I don't like any of the lyrics on other songs. They do touch upon a certain variety of subjects though. As for singing skills on soft songs the singer sounds not horrible, but it just doesn't really suit him. On heavier songs there's more of a match there. Gotta give it a average rating cause I don't like the lyrics more than I like them.

Again I had to skip songs to get to the ones I liked, so not all songs were decent, in my standards. My favourite songs have gotta be-"The Middle" and "Authority Song". I hate that it's not consistant it's either good or crap. If it were stolen or lost I don't think I'd get it again I'd just buy off the net the songs I like (that's right, I don't illegally download). I would give it 3.5, but there isn't that option so it's a 3.