Bleed American review by Jimmy Eat World

• Released: Jul 24, 2001
Jimmy Eat World: Bleed American

"Bleed American" is one of the few albums I have heard with the complete absence of filler. Their is not a single bad track on the album, and it is extremely catchy and was recorded very well. The vocals sound amazing and are very clear. The guitars stand out very well on this record, and the guitar solos compliment the songs, it doesn't sound like they just threw them in there for the sake of having a solo. Their are some really cool drum beats on album and, overall, the drums are really refreshing. The bass also plays a good role in this album.

The lyrics compliment the music very well, and Jim Adkins is a very good vocalist. The lyrics on this album are the kind that can stick with you forever, and are very easy for really anybody to relate to. However, their is a few cases throughout the album where the lyrics don't seem to make any sense, but even then, the words work very well with the music. Their are also a few cases where it can be difficult to understand what the vocalist is singing. Other than a few minor problems, the lyrics and vocals really do compliment the music, which is all that really matters.

This album was one of the highlights of my childhood, and it has been one of those albums I can listen to over and over again, and never get sick of it. It is hard for me to say what the most impressive songs are, but the most popular songs are "The Middle," "Sweetness," and "Hear You Me," at least from my experience. I recommend this album to people who are very into punk or emo music, but people who also like pop or any form of rock could find this enjoyable. If I ever lost this CD I would buy a hundred more copies so I would never lose it again!