Chase This Light review by Jimmy Eat World

• Released: Oct 16, 2007
Jimmy Eat World: Chase This Light

This is a very awesome and unique album from Jimmy Eat World. The most unique thing about it is that the songs are soft and the songs are for sure the softest that Jimmy Eat World has made. I think the sound of this CD is excellent. I am perfectly fine with how Jimmy Eat World created these songs and I like the soft stuff. The songs that I thought stood out the most in this album were Big Casino and Let It Happen. Big Casino is one of the faster songs on this album and this song is the most popular song off Chase This Light. Let It Happen is another good song. This one is one of the soft songs from Chase This Light. Let It Happen is just one of those songs that you can't resist singing along to. Overall, great sound!

The lyrics of Chase This Light were also unique from the other lyrics that Jimmy Eat World has created. The lyrics were really emotional to me. I'm not saying that emotional is a bad thing but it's not what I expected from Chase This Light. The good thing is that the lyrics go well with the songs and they are lyrics that get stuck in your head and are good to sing along with.

I think that Chase This Light doesn't compare to any of their other albums like Bleed American and Futures. Big Casino and Let It Happen will always be my favorite songs and I think they are the most impressive songs off of Chase This Light. The sound is what I loved the most about it. It amazed me. Chase This Light rules!

FacingUsAll
    The main thing to remember if you're deciding to get this album is that it is mellower than the other stuff they have done.
    If by mellow you mean "really upbeat and poppy" :-/