Futures review by Jimmy Eat World

• Released: Oct 19, 2004
Jimmy Eat World: Futures

First of all, if you haven't got this album already, close this window, go to your closest record store and buy it. If you are skint, streal it. I have to say that after buying this album I have decided Jimmy Eat World kick ass even harder than before. It sounds amazing, the guitar riffs rock, the singing is great. Although there isn't much for solos, the solos they do have sound great and flow brilliantly with the songs. There is a rabge of songs from the slow emotional ones such as Polaris and 23, the typical harder sounding JEW songs like Pain and Nothingwrong, and then just generally great catchy songs like Futures and Pain. Every song sounds amazing.

Ok, the lyrics rock. Every song has something in the lyrics. Jim throws in catchy and emotional lines such as 'I love, and I should have said it, but tell me just what has it ever meant', all memorable, and they keep coming as each song goes on. With the music, the singing flows perfectly. Jim's voice sounds different with all the emotions.

This album is definitly one of the best I have ever heard. If I was to pick out a favourite band of all time, I would consider JEW. Every song stands out in its own way, but especially Futures, Work, Kill, Pain, Polaris, Nothingwrong, 23 and the bonus track Shame. My favourite song off the album is Work, I just hope as a single it isn't overplayed. I love everything about the album, especially the killer guitar riffs as in Futures, Work and Nothingwrong, and I definitely love the way each song is different and has it's own 'colour' to it. Jimmy Eat World are one of my biggest music inspirations along with Finch, Lost Prophets, Taking Back Sunday, RHCP and Funeral For A Friend. I wouldn't lose or have this album stolen, I am too protective of it, but if so, I'd buy again within five minutes. In the case of being stolen, I'd probably go down for man-slaughter. Unless you already have it, buy this album.