Futures review by Jimmy Eat World

• Released: Oct 19, 2004
Jimmy Eat World: Futures

The sound on Futures hits you instantly as looser than Bleed American. More emotional and musical than pop-punk. The guitars are less tight than Bleed American and the drumming is more relaxed. There's still the soaring choruses and amazing tunes that JEW are known for but it's just done in a more relaxed way.

The lyrics aren't full of metahpors and secret meanings, but they're not exactly simple either, which is good because you get lost I'm jim's lyrics in a good way, as oppose to a confusing way. Jim isn't the best technical singer ever but his voice has a pretty good range and suits the music better than most singer's voices. Even if he does still sound like a 14 year old on some songs.

JEW have been around for ages and haven't lost their original spark. They've got better since day one and though this isn't another Bleed American CD, it's better in some respects. JEW seem to have taken the sound of "Clarity" on this record and also been influenced by bands such as Jawbreaker. The best song is "Work," closely followed by "Kill," "Just Tonight," "Pain" and "The World You Love." if I lost this album I would buy 2 more, just in case.