Futures review by Jimmy Eat World

• Released: Oct 19, 2004
Jimmy Eat World: Futures

I hadn't listened to a whole lot of Jimmy Eat World in the past except fer some of their last album, but when I saw the music video for "Pain" I knew I needed to get the CD. Jimmy Eat World are a good band with great guitars, vocals, bass, and awsome drumming. a great band to rock out to or just mellow out to.

I really liked them lyrically inthis album and jim showed off some talent in his singing and songwriting. They sing about growing up and finding a job "Work," a girl who you can't get "Pain," and losing your personality in a relationship "Polaris." Jim is a great singer and I really hope to hear more material from them in the future.

Bleed American was an awsome album, but I'd have to say Futures is a bit better. Best songs were "Futures," "Just Tonight," "Work," "Pain," "Polaris," "Nothingwrong" and "23," which is the best sng on the whole album. "23" is an awesome guitar song and you won't get it until you listen to all 7 minutes of it. An awsome album by a great band.

Zell182
    When I originally heard this album after borrowing it off a friend I thought it sucked but I bought bleed american a year later and loved it so I gave this another go and found it to be an awesome album!
    muzz666
    This album is simply amazing. A must hear for any fan of Jimmy Eat World and most band's in general. I guarantee you won't be dissapointed
    seijo_hxc
    I'm getting it, but I don't think it will reach the level of Clarity, which is btw 10/10
    makeseven
    i started with bleed american, as many did, and was at first a little let down by this one. i thought it was OK, but not the brilliant compilation of bleed american. i have since grown to love it and see how meaningful it all is. and it also ROCKS SO HARD then gets so soft. JEW is one of the most versatile bands i have ever heard. they have a such a broad range of style.