Doom review by Job for a Cowboy

• Released: Dec 6, 2005
Job for a Cowboy: Doom

I remember when I first first heard job for a cowboy, I was blown away by the extreme sound, the first track I heard was suspended by the throat and I fell in love with what I would find out is deathcore the most controversial sub-gene of metal to ever emerge. I like deathcore and I can honestly say after everything I've read on UG and YouTube, I might be the only one left who likes deathcore. I can understand both sides of the arguement for or against deathcore but back to this review, Job has a solid sound on this EP, this proves you can play awesome heavy songs on drop C.

Johnny Davy is one of the best vocalists in metal today, on this EP most of the vocals consist of pig squeals (bree bree), now I like the technique but that's pretty much all your gonna hear. Now it all doesn't all sound like pigs on a farm, davy delivers excellent lows and highs, he has a great range, the epic scream in entombment gets me pumped, and if you look up knee deep on youtube you get to watch sponge bob and his buddies jam out to it. Lyricly its pretty legit as well, let the carcass of your martyr burn along with other epic lines, its the shit you'll be singing and bree breeing all day, my only grip is I wish I didn't have to google the lyrics to figure out what he's saying.

Compared to Job's later works which is pretty solid as well, this EP really sticks out for me, this is the band that is universally agreed to have started the deathcore movement, they started the scrachy font that everyone has stolen (I have even toyed with the font as well), and they started the pig squeals. My over all impression is this is a solid deathcore album, if anyone stole any of my Job CDs, I'd hang them from a tree. I love the overall sound and besides the lack of understanding the words I would have wanted more then 7 tracks.