Genesis review by Job for a Cowboy

• Released: May 15, 2007
Job for a Cowboy: Genesis

Their sound is amazing! Full of time and tempo changes each of these boys are very skillful. Crushing guitar work, drums to slay the innocent, and vocals to cause a mass landslide. This CD is the ultimate debut full length album from Job For A Cowboy! The sound is crystal clear and pretty diverse. From the heaviest and fastest to slow and powerful. This album will eat you up and spit you out.

Lyrics are pretty powerful. Speaking out against religion mostly, in subtle yet destinctive ways. The lyrics are very well written and the singer has unbelievable talent. From low growls to high screams I'd say Jonny Davy is the Randy Blythe for underground heavy metal.

This album is a very special edition to my CD case, and anyone elses at that. I'd recommend it to any grindcore/death metal fan. My favorite song from this album is "The Divine Falsehood". And there's no question. If my CD case was ever lost or stolen this album would be a priority for me to find another copy.

confinedforever
    just for moomoocons review on this album when he said the new drummer is better, i dont mean to sound mean haha but the old drummer elliot sellers from the doom album recorded the drums for genesis, while lookin for a new drummer for touring, but ive seen the new drummer just recently in london he is just as good and kinda better than elliot, but elliot makes the perfect drums for jfac