Genesis review by Job for a Cowboy

• Released: May 15, 2007
Job for a Cowboy: Genesis

This CD is great. Pure death metal rather than deathcore or whatever you wanna call it with the Doom EP. The riffs are technical as all hell and the vocals are brutal. True death metal fans will love this album. The detuned guitars give it a really low and brutal sound, and the drums are insane. The solos on here are alright, atleast there is solos rather than a lot of the music today.

The lyrics are intense. Speaking of the anti-christ being birthed and rising up to rule the world. Vocalist Jonny Davy uses very low inhaled growls to get his words across, with an ocassinal high scream. I don't really mind that there is no breeing on this record, I think the breeing on the Doom EP just kinda made it more fun to listen to. Besides breeing is so cliche these days, Jfac is sticking to there death metal roots with this one.

This is deffitally my most listened to CD that I own. I'm listenening to it as I right this. "Bearing the Serpent's Lamb", "Embedded", "Strings of Hypocrisy", and "The Divine Falsehood" are, to me, the best songs on this album. I love the technicality of this cd, the guitar and drums are just insanely good. The only thing I don't like is that it's not really that long of a CD, since 2 of the songs are intrumentals and most of the songs are pretty short it really isnt that much longer than the Doom EP with Entities on it. If this CD were stolen or lost I'd be very pissed and by another copy. Job For A Cowboy are definatly leadears of death metal genre of today.

Panasonic3
    -l-Trendkiller- wrote: The last album by JFAC sucked. Every track was Bree Bree (Fake harmonic on the guitar parts) and then another bree again. The drummin was repetitive but still showed some talent. Having said that Genesis was a big step for these guys. They finally got away from the prossesed vocals and the pig squeals which is so old at this point. I like the guitar so much better this time around, and its overall what they shoulda been doing in the firstplace. I would have alot of respect for these guys if Doom didnt blow so much. But i definetly give props to the new album. id say 8 outa 10 because the solos are a sad excuse for half way decent guitar players
    actually, there were no pig squeels. just because he is growling doesnt mean it sounds like a dying pig. listen to it. i didnt really like this album. its not job anymore; just generic death metal. their old stuff his distinctive breakdowns and pig squeels and it made them unique. now he just growls the whole time. not too many high pitched stuff either. there are a few good tracks, but its mostly just sameold sameold.
    YourXbandXsuxX
    The Doom EP was good and then Genesis just blew my mind! The concept of the lyrics is great, the guitars are brutal, and the drums give it a even darker tone and the vocals! Johny doing his brutal deeps and Brent doing highs, and they live show is filled with energy from them and the crowd (i saw them in Baltimore with Cannibal Corpse and George Fisher was headingbanging off to the side)
    metalbassist12
    Brutalness to the max. When the f*** can I see them because I will be front row. Hopefully more solo on the next album, but I am happy with this one.