Genesis review by Job for a Cowboy

• Released: May 15, 2007
Job for a Cowboy: Genesis

I had never heard this band before listening to their debut Genesis, I had always thought of them as a more metalcore band and I lumped them in with the likes of all the bands I really despise. Listening to this CD brings out the true metal purist in me, I really admire their ability and sound. Originality lacks, but it's extremely hard to come by these days especially. Great production and killer sound. Overall, the song structure could be a little more mature, but this isn't a progressive band, they are death metal.

Lyrics are another very difficult portion to all music. Again, not as original in concept or projection, but still better than most out there. Very well suited for the music though. The vocalist does have some considerable growl, very heavy, and hard to come by.

Heavy, this album doesn't lack in those stone cold death metal characteristics, but overall it doesn't have its own identity. Anyone who is a fan of death metal might tell you this sounds like Deicide or the new Cryptopsy CD if they hadn't heard Job For A Cowboy before. It is a great album, and if you want true pummeling death metal, it delivers in spades. Anyone who wants to be amazed by originality and new sounds and boundaries being pushed in extreme music, there's better out there.

Jonny892
    i miss breebreebree, however this is a very good album, extremely heavy and my favourite death metal album at the moment. Glad they moved more to the brutal side of things the whole "deathcore" thing was gettin a bit stagnant IMO. Sounds like new Deicide with a bit more..... i dunno great album!
    IfDaysEnd
    I liked this album a lot, but personally I don't think that they made an actual original sound, it's like hearing a double of Behemoth, but hey...you don't get many new death metal bands now. Thumbs up!