Blues Deluxe review by Joe Bonamassa

• Released: Aug 26, 2003
Joe Bonamassa: Blues Deluxe

Joe Bonamassa is one of the best guitarists alive today. If not the very best. His technique is breathtaking. His sound is similar to SRV and Eric Johnson. Much of his music is fast, though he does include slower songs on this album. In my opinion, there isn't a weak track on this album. Odds are, you will find a particular track you like, then end up listening to it on repeat for weeks on end. Then another track will take over after that! Though the album is brilliant all in one go too.

The lyrics are typical bluesy lyrics in most of the songs. They all fit in with the music really well. Being bluesy lyrics, they can become repetitive to non-blues fans. At first, I found Joe's voice rather tedious, then after lots of listening, I fell in love with his voice. He is actually a really strong singer, and has many skills.

This is one of Joe's best albums. Other albums of his I have include 'A New Day Yesterday', 'Had to Cry Today' and 'You & Me'. In my opinion, this record comes in a tied first first place, along with 'Had to Cry Today'. If you are planning to buy a Joe Bonamassa album for the first time, I recommend this one. The particularly sensational songs on the CD include: 'Walking Blues', 'Blues Deluxe' and 'Burning Hell'. Their riffs are guaranteed to stick in your head. I love the entire album. It will leave you wanting more, and you'll be off down the shops (or logging on Amazon) to buy more!

sixstringsteve
    StratSlinger421
    i would totally agree. on the title track of blues deluxe, the solo is so brilliantly fast it blows my mind every time i listen to it.
    angusrokks
    sixstringsteve wrote: oh man he three cds of his i ordered w/ my best buy gifcards (blues deluxe, so it's like that, and you and me) just arrived about half an hour ago. by far the greatest modern blues i've ever heard.
    Ah... Smokin' Joe's fanbase grows ever bigger lol! This guy is awesome!!