Crystal Planet review by Joe Satriani

• Released: Mar 3, 1998
Joe Satriani: Crystal Planet

Joe Satriani, is one of the living playing guitar legends, and it is clearly apparent on this CD. The sound of the cd is awesome, though I have heard someone say that it should be remastered, but they probably had some crappy earphones, cuz the sound is great. Awesome mind blowing guitar playing by Joe, and reat bass and drums also throughout.

Lyrics... There are no lyrics, just pure guitar. Even without words you get a feel for the song and strangely enough the song doesnt need words, as the guitar provides that. I give the "lyrics" a 5 (listen to Satriani and you'll see what I mean).

I have heard Satriani before but this was the first CD of his that I bought. In my opinion all his songs are fantastic, no fillers, and any of his cds are worth the money, as he is a guitar genius and writes fantastic music. Most impressive songs for me are, "Up In The Sky," "Lights Of Heaven," "Time," "Crystal Planet," "A Train Of Angels" and "With Jupiter In Mind." I highly reccomend this album to any guitar lover. If it was stolen I would buy it again and some others as well. Each song is so detailed and intricate that you discover something new every listen. I give this album a strong 5, and I reccomend the others also.