Engines Of Creation review by Joe Satriani

• Released: Mar 14, 2000
Joe Satriani: Engines Of Creation

Not at all what I expected to come out of joe in this cd, however it does offer a whole new tone to his style. I was expecting to here some flashy harmonizes lines all floating on top of a nice chord progression, but in this there is a lot more techno thing stuff (specifically Borg Sex) which was actually ok. I think it took a lot of courage to put himself on the line to branch off like that and I believe that it payed off.

As stated many times, Joe satriani is an instrumentalist, and uses his guitar to "sing" lyrics for him.

This entire record proves Joe's amazing versitality when it comes to music and shows how far he can really expand his writing. One of the most popular tunes, "Borg Sex" is more of a techno song, which is not a genre I typically get into, but regardless of that I can not point out a single "bad song" on the record at all. If you are really curious, go to his site and see if he has any track listings so you can make your call. Personally, I give Joe thumbs up for this record, it may not resemble past records as much, but I think that is the whole purpose of it. If it got stolen, I would find out who it was. Rip their heart out of their chest, and shove in their down their throat right before they died. But if I lost it, I would go buy a new one right away.