Is There Love In Space? review by Joe Satriani

• Released: Apr 13, 2004
Joe Satriani: Is There Love In Space?

First off I would like to say that this is quite frankily one of the best cds that satch has ever made. The songs are heavier and even more memorable and amazing than his previous releases. The sound is very well done, the guitar sounds amazing, his techniques seem completly flawless. All in all simply amazing. I do not know of any stories that kind of make the songs.

Out of eleven songs Satch sings in two, and they are in my opinion pretty decent. He sings the songs Lifestyle and I like the rain, to be honest the lyrics are not really all that well done, all though I do like both of the songs very much because he put them together pretty well. Joe Satriani proves that he can play the guitar and sing, which is pretty good, and it is refreshing to hear some songs with singing. His singing leaves a bit to be desired, but that's why he is a acclaimed guitarist not a acclaimed singer.

This CD compares with some of my favorite bands, because by now most bands from his time (the 80's) has burnt out, but not Satch he is still standing and strong, I think at the time this CD was made he was on top of his game, and he still is. The most impressive songs would have to be Up In Flames, Souls Of Distortion, and If I Could Fly. I love how there are lyrics in his songs on this cd, I do like instrumental music but I have always enjoyed his singing. There is not much I don't like about this cd. I would buy this CD again if anything happened to my copy.

Soadfan8
    josemontero wrote: Shure? You mean sure Good review though
    maybe hes endorsed by shure microphones and its in his contract to spell it like that
    Aftertime
    this is my first Satch album and til today one of my personal favorites probably because it was about me discovering awesome instrumental music and guitar wizardry
    guitarsolo_17
    i'd have to say Is There Love In Space? is also a greeeeeat song to listen to once you get used to it.
    poisonousmetal
    My favorite song of all time is If I Could Fly, just brilliant, amazing, stunning, shocking & Satchy. Joe never has failed to impress me somehow, he's my idol & if this isn't his greatest album it's Surfing, but he makes every album be what a guitarist should want to do: Express himself. Long Live Satch.