Live In Paris: I Just Wanna Rock [DVD] review by Joe Satriani

• Released: Feb 2, 2010
  • Content: 9
  • Production Quality: 4
Joe Satriani: Live In Paris: I Just Wanna Rock [DVD]

Well, I really can't say anything bad about the overall sound in this, it is Joe Satriani for God's sake. Killer tone, Killer band, Good stuff. All the songs sound amazing and Satch is able to get pretty much everything he wants from his guitar: Dive Bombs, Harmonics, Effects, and his characteristical Satch Scream.

Content — 9
This live DVD features some of Satch's best stuff like "Satch Boogie", "Summer Song", "Surfing With The Alien", "Always With Me Always With You", etc. It also includes a bass solo by Stu Hamm, which is kind of hilarious yet amazing. The only song I would say is missing, at least for me is If I Could Fly, but whatever, it is still a great setlist and the crowd is awesome. It also includes 40 whole minutes of interviews and behind the scenes. Amazing stuff, really, and the crowd really gets into the songs, they even sing to some of them, and they are instrumentals!

Production Quality — 4
This is were this DVD sucks, although the sound is awesome, the whole DVD is screwed with a bunch of crappy visual effects that just don't go with the DVD and make watching Joe and his band play really hard. REALLY REALLY HARD. I remember when I first bought it I told myself "Finally I will be able to watch how Joe does this". Bullsh-t I tell you. I would rather watch Joe rip off the strings and blow up the mind of a bunch of French guys with his playing clearly than watching the same thing but in a red color tone...

As I've already said the whole concert is cool its just the shitty graphics that make this DVD unbearable at times. Satch is flawless, and the rest of the band is as tight as can be. The crowd is amazing and why wouldn't they? I wouldn't buy it again, but I would definitely buy another Satriani live DVD.