Professor Satchafunkilus And The Musterion Of Rock review by Joe Satriani

• Released: Apr 1, 2008
Joe Satriani: Professor Satchafunkilus And The Musterion Of Rock

This CD is one of the best I have ever bought, I love to listen to the new songs from Joe Satriani, even though he's not as young as he used to be he shows in this CD that he can still rock and play with the best of them. The songs are fantastic, Joe kinda tones it down a bit but still the songs have that Satriani sound and the songs are very good. Joe uses a talkbox on the song I just wanna rock and it's great sounding. I'm a bigger fan of his louder stuff but this CD does not disappoint. One thing I woould like to share is that this is one CD that you buy and 9 times out of ten you will love all the songs on it.

JOe does'nt sing in this CD, but he makes up for it by having hypnotic riffs and spectacular effects. Even though there is not any singing this CD is still very near perfect. I have to give this a ten, because if you heard Joe play guitar then you do not need singing.

This CD highly compares with a lot of my favorite bands, such as The Beatles, and The Rolling Stones. I am not saying he's better, but those bands all have "masterpiece" cds and this CD is Joe's "masterpiece". This CD is quickly becoming my favorite. The best songs on this CD would have to be "I just wanna rock" because it is frankly an amazing song, it's very catchy and you will want to listen to it for hours. Another great song would be "Professor Satchafunkilus" it has riff and when you hear you are going to smile. I love just about everything about this cd, but if you love songs with singing then you might not like this one. I would buy this CD in a heartbeat if it got lost/stolen.

Alex Zyka
    I like 7/10 of the album with some very beautiful moments like Out of the sunrise and Come on baby. The only real complain I have is the abuse of the cowbell. It sounds like a f**cking metronome all the time! Otherwise up there with the Alien and the Beautiful music!
    BYZ
    Joe satriani is a player who is dynamic, innovative and consistant at the same time. His music is a perfect combination of feel, technique and beautiful song writing. He is truly one of rock's greatest players, and my personal favorite! Can't wait for the next album