Strange Beautiful Music review by Joe Satriani

• Released: Jun 25, 2002
Joe Satriani: Strange Beautiful Music

This album presents us with a very experimental and diverse Satriani, every song has something else to delight us with, from the melodic "Starry Night" to the heavy riff 7 string guitar work in "Mind Storm" and anything in between, Joe uses different effects to give each song its own tone and feel, Joe's playing is as always clean and pure. Everyone will find something interesting and attractive in this album.

This is a purely instrumental album however I think that Joe has the ability to make the guitar sing and its extremely well executed in this album.

Joe's albums are very different from eachother hence they are hard to compare however I would say that Joe managed to create yet another masterpiece, I especially love: "Starry Night" for its laid back feeling, "Mind Storm" where you find an effective use of effects to create a great heavy groove that flows within you and makes you wanna move your head, "Chords of life" for its changing pace and motif very nice piece. I think this is one of Joe's best albums, his song writing and executing, his use of effects and the diversity make this album a mustbuy for Satriani fans. If someone stole this album I will go after the thief take the copy and make him buy himself one because everyone should have the privilige of a listen.