Strange Beautiful Music review by Joe Satriani

• Released: Jun 25, 2002
Joe Satriani: Strange Beautiful Music

The sound on this album is simply amazing. This has some of the best guitar work I've ever heard. It starts out slow and light, gets heavier, and ends on a light laid back song. Listening to this song made me think that heaven just graced my ears. It's pretty amazing for an instrumental album.

There are no lyrics, it's all instrumental, but once again, like every Satriani album, the guitar work speaks for itself. Songs like 'Mind Storm' really pull you into the song, and make you forget that it's instrumental. Its a great experience.

If you want to listen to instrumental albums, get this. If you want to listen to Joe Satriani, this is an amazing place to start. This album in my opninion is better than Surfing With The Alien, though I have to remember that this album was released a few years ago, and S. W. T. A. was released awhile ago. Overall, this is a guitar masterpiece. If I lost this album completely, and it was deleted off my iTunes, I would go out, and purchase it again. I highly recommend this album.

Linus Satriani
    I think that starry night is one of the best songs ever made. I listen to it live, and I just forget about everything else. He is a genius... Great album!