Super Colossal review by Joe Satriani

• Released: Mar 14, 2006
Joe Satriani: Super Colossal

This is another great CD from Joe Satriani! Every note he plays just sounds perfect. He gets a great sound with the Peavy JSX amplifires and JS Ibanez guitars he plays. This album is a lot slower than some of his other stuff. It has a very relaxing sound to it. Not every song is slow. There is still a lot of stuff kind of like the older albums. Like his other stuff the album has different kinds material on it. He doesn't just play the same kind of thing over and over again like some other virtuoso guitarists. The drums and bass is as usual very good and flows with the music. One of the songs that stands out from the rest is the song crowd chant. What he does is he plays a short, 5 or 6 second guitar run, and then you hear a crowd chanting or singing what he just played. It is probably one of the best songs on the album.

There are no lyrics on this album. It is just pure guitar.

This album is very different from all the rest of the albums he has released. My two favorite songs are probably Super Colossal and Crowd Chant. I am a die-hard Joe Satriani fan and have probably all of his CD's including the G3 stuff. I would suggest this album to any fan of Joe Satriani, cool guitar, or who just wants something different. So just go buy this CD right now!

Atreideslegend
    lol, you lost all my faith in your opinion with the line "i am a die-hard satriani fan". Of course ud love it!!! We wana hear you say "i hate satriani, but this album is so ****ing good it made me carve his name into my forhead with a carving knife", then we know how good the album is lol.
    ll Honor ll
    That sounds very intersting. Im gonna have to pick it up sometime soon ! Thanks for the info too.
    ~IbAnEz_GuRu94~
    i just bought this cd, and boy, i have to say, i thought surfin with the alien was the best cd he ever made, holy hell, he blew it away with this cd. he has taken so many steps towards this cd, including using new effects like a octave generator for songs like super colossal. and with the new bassist, the soudns just flows with no problems. in this cd, you also get a different varation of tones, from slow, melodic songs, to fast, riff shredding fast songs that blow ur mind. this cd also contains no lyrics, which in my opinion, is better, cause sorry satch, but you dont sing very well, not ur fault, jsut dont do it nemore, stick with what god god gave ya son. but all in all, this cd is great, i recommend this cd to everyone that is a fan of him, vai, or anybody else that just wants a kick*** cd.
    Smokey Amp
    Well, I've only heard 3 songs from the album so far, but I enjoyed everys econd of each of them. Ten Words, Crowd Chant and Just Like Lightning blew me away and the sound/tone of each song are extremely alternative to one other. I'm giving this album 10/10/10 and I've only heard three songs (The fcat that I love Satch is neither here nor there) . Plus, I'm going to see him in June. I can't fvckin' wait...
    Stooja
    ~IbAnEz_GuRu94~ - i think he did the bass on the tracks but will have a new bassist with him on the tours. But to the album, yeah really really fantastic. some of the songs are so different to what he's done before and he's starting to take his music in different directions (obvously still with lots of cool guitar twidly bits). i'll give it 9/10 i'd say.
    Ibzman
    Very cool cd, I just bought it and it's awesome, way more different than Surfing with the alien and The Extremist but that's Satch, no doubt you can recognize his stuff, and thank god I got my ticket to see him in Montreal. Every Joe's fan must buy this one. 10/10
    stratmanjay3000
    Dude. Awsome CD truly. Joe Satriani is awsome. And Super Colassal is a good song but its pretty easy
    satchfreak
    Joe Satriani is one of the best guitarists this world will ever see. with as much music as he's produced, not one song from any of his albums is even close to sounding the same. Every song that he creates has it's own unique sound. i'd love to go to the show in Denver but they had to be gay and make it a 21 and over show. I was pissed, other than that, the Satch is the best out there and Super Colossal is increadable.