Super Colossal review by Joe Satriani

• Released: Mar 14, 2006
Joe Satriani: Super Colossal

The sound of the album is overall pretty soft. Theres not much in the terms of hard rock guitar, its more slower songs. The sound is good, but for Joe Satriani, lacks a lot of creativity. I think the only innovation and creativity he used was on the song 'Crowd Chant'. Overall the sound of the album is okay.

There are no lyrics, but his guitar playing speaks for itself.

People who havnt hear any of Satch's music will enjoy this album, and in some cases, blown away. Those fans of Satch will compare this to 'Strange Beautiful Music' and 'Surfing With The Alien' will see that this album isn't as good. Though listening to the album through, without skipping around, offers a great experiece. I love the feel of the album, though it can be slow and generic at times. The only thing I didn't like was the absence of harder songs like Satch Boogie, Mind Storm, and Seven String. If it were stolen or lost, I might but it again.

B345T
    Is this actually true? Awesome
    .WD40
    Jeff Campitelli plays the drums but Satch does all guitars basses and keyboards.
    The Fiddler
    B345T wrote: ChurchNSkate wrote: Satriani plays all the instruments on his albums...he just has a touring band. Is this actually true? Awesome
    Nope...he has a band. Many of the songs feature multi-tracking with Joe on several instruments, but he has his own band.
    original_idiot
    bombyx
    original_idiot wrote: Lol i was going to buy this cd anyway. I looked in three stores and they were either all out or didnt have it... i might have to order it. I like his other stuff tho.
    that's true me either try it in our place....but still there are no copies at all....