Surfing With the Alien review by Joe Satriani

Joe Satriani: Surfing With the Alien

The sound of this album is phenomenal. Joe uses so many styles of music in this album metal (Crushing day), blues (Satch boogie), and even egyptian (Lords of karma). Joe is one of the best guitarists out there. you never realize how complex and intricate it really is until you actually know what hes doing. For example, the track midnight only about a minute and a half but he 2 hand taps all over the fret board through the entire thing.

I'm going to rate this even the album has no singing lyrics. Joe's guitar playing speaks on this album you can tell what all the songs are about just by hearing him play. In away I would call that lyrics and I would call them good.

This album is awesome it makes my hair stand on end. Joe is insane with his clever use of the whammy bar and random pinch harmonics throughout the whole album. There's really no certain style that describes this album entirely. The best songs on here are the first nine, I get a little bored with the last one (Echo). If you haven't heard of Joe Satriani then go out and buy this album NOW!!! If I lost this I would buy it again and probably a few more Satriani CDs.