Surfing With the Alien review by Joe Satriani

Joe Satriani: Surfing With the Alien

Joe's sound is very unique and speaks like a language itself. There are a lot of different styles on this album like metal, blues and rock. You also get very emotional songs like Always With Me, Always With You, and you can get very heavy songs like Satch Boogie. He uses a lot of different techniques like harmonics and two hand tapping (Midnight). The recording quality is great and you can really enjoy listening to this album.

There are no lirycs, its and all instrumental album. But the guitar playing speeks for itself. You can really see a love story of Joe and his whife Rubina in Always With Me, Always With You and Surfing With The Alien really has an alien kind of feel.

My favourits are Always With Me, Always With You, Satch Boogie and Surfing With The Alien. I just love the way Joe plays his guitar. It is just so amazing! I love all the songs exept Echo, because it gets king of boring. If I would loose it, I would go straight to the store and buy it again.

RCalisto
    Qaphela wrote: Nirvana and Green Day cant possibly compare to Satch awsome
    they cant? who would say.. this is one of the best records around.. surfing with the alien.. crazy.. that would make even a heavy metal cround stand up and jump around.. amazing.. ice 9 has a pretty nice rhythm vs lead work.. crushing day.. this is an odd song.. but an amazing song.. thrashy riffs and classic satch.. gigantic and crazy solos... always with me, always with you.. the perfect song.. thats all i can say.. satch boogie.. some nice groove it has.. another amazing song with another gigantic and crazy solo.. circles.. the intro is simply beautiful.. the solo is.. well.. crazy and gigantic xD and finally midnight.. amazingly composed i would say.. but of course.. if u see satch playing that live you would see that he adds another part to that song.. the other tracks arent too good in my opinion.. but the other songs make up to it.. really worth buying..
    fendermustang12
    I LOVE this album. I rarely ever listen to instrumental stuff because it usually bores me...but...Satch never bores me : D. Also, the first review said that there was metal in this album, though there isn't a trace of it. I'd call it hard rock more than anything. I'm a dedicated metal head, and since I listen to a lot of Death,Thrash,Black, and several other sub catagories of metal, it would be REALLY hard for me to consider any of the songs metal. My friends find it weird that I would listen to a Deicide or Emperor album then suddenly pull out this album suddenly and get really into it...meh...screw them XD. My favourite song would probably be Always With Me, Always With You or Circles.