The Electric Joe Satriani: An Anthology Review

Lyrics: 9.7
 9.9
 9.9
 9.8
The Electric Joe Satriani: An Anthology Reviewed by: Towlie, on february 26, 2004

Sound: Well, having been to G3 and witnessed this guys awesome skill, I just had to get an album of his, but there are so many! That is why I got this album, and I am not dissapionted! The songs are pretty much all really amazing, with some killer riffs in many of the songs. Not only does the guitar inspire, but also the dums. The whole compilation of the songs is good too - there are no songs that I skip on the playlist because they are all so good. // 10

Lyrics: Only two or so of the songs have lyrics in, but when ther eare lyrics they seem to go amazingly well with the guitar part of the songs. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall this is a great album. It is well worth the cash if you are looking into exploring this type of music. // 10

The Electric Joe Satriani: An Anthology Reviewed by: aenimafist, on july 14, 2007

Sound: After listening to Surfing With The Alien, I immediately gained a high respect and worship for Peavey amps. Joe has a very unique sound for his guitar and when he plays with that entrancing aural emmulence, you don't wanna stop. Along with Satch's leads, the back up instruments do well to support Joe and his rhythm guitarist. Joe sings on I Believe and Big Bad Moon I think it is. His vocals are a little rough but not bad. // 10

Lyrics: There are only two songs he sings on the whole collection like I said earlier. Big Bad Moon is a swingy tune anI believe is the better of the two easily. No real special meaning to the lyrics. BBM is just a party song and I Believe is about not giving up. // 10

Overall Impression: There is no one on the face of this toilet earth that can match Joe's tone and maybe even his playing ability. This is a great introductory collection for people wanting to know more about one of rock's greatest guitarists ever. The best songs are easy to point out: Surfing With the Alien, Satch Boogie, Crushing Day, The Extremistand the list goes on and on. This would be a great gift for a guitar hero guru. // 10

The Electric Joe Satriani: An Anthology Reviewed by: Satchafunkilus, on september 04, 2008

Sound: The sound is very diverse for a Joe Satriani cd, actually 2 cds. There are 30 songs including two previously unreleased tracks. There are songs from not of this earth, Surfing with the Alien, The Extremist, Flying In a Blue Dream, etc. This is a very good compilation of Joe's songs. The styles he used are the same he uses on other albums (tremolo picking, pick scrapes etc). This is a great CD to get if you love Satch. // 10

Lyrics: Joe actually sings in some of the songs, being that songs he has sung in are on this cd. The lyrics are very well done. They go along great with the songs, when he sings he proves not only can he play guitar but sing aswell. Joe sings great the lyrics fit the mood of the song. // 9

Overall Impression: This CD can't really compare to his other works being that it is a compilation of his work. But I would say that if you want a CD with all your favorite songs on it, then you will love this. I love how the songs are all grouped with the CD their from, it's nice that Surfing with the alien is before crushing day and not The Extremist, that is a small point but with that organization, the CD and it's track-listing is not just throw together. Not really much to hate about this cd. I would buy it again in a heartbeat. Plain and simple if you love Satch get it. // 10

Comments