Requiem review by John 5

• Released: Jun 3, 2008
John 5: Requiem

Wow! when you are listening "The Devil Kmows My Name" you can't imagine something more coolly. But here it is Requiem! The greatest instrumental guitar album ever listened! John 5 said that he hardly working every nigh, he try to be the biggest and greatest guitar player ever seen, so of course he is! Here you would find awesome solos, blues-rock and even country riffs! It is the heaviest John's album. 11 magic tracs, full of scream, blood, filth and the cleanest love to music. There are a lot of incredible crazy sounds!

It is instrumental, guitar music. There are no lyrics at all. only names "The judas cradle", "Heretic's fork" and so on. In which undoubtedly putted deep thought and great value. These names give us full representation about events in music. In his music it is not necessary lyrics. Here there is his guitar, the rest will be superfluous.

Of course it is very softly entered in all his creativity, putting John on the foreground of all guitarists of the world. His music is very freshly. He does that, to him, anybody did not try to imagine at all! Together with this album were issued a new series of photosessions. All of them impress to impossibility.

Spartan16
    oh yeah, and btw. the names of the songs are based on torturing stuff as I heard... don't know if this is true...
    Yeah, the name of each track is the name of a torture device.
    ozzynator
    gareno wrote: i hope there are lawsuits against him for calling his album requiem cuz he is so evil and requiem is a christian thing and i have a cd of mozart's music called requiem
    why dont you just shut up gareno and stop triple posting ! John 5 is one of my favorite guitar players, will definitly check this album but it does deserve a better review.
    FallenSaint
    -1 epic phail of a post.
    Dudeman5000
    Eh, I don't think Manson are satanic. I'm not 100% though. If you ask me, the entire prospect of religion is evil.
    guilty
    This is one of his best albums, especially The Judas Cradle . But I likeBlack Widow of La Porte so much. Anyway, This rewiev needs more... hmm... Serious writing.. I Love this Album!!
    Gazmataz_C
    Ok, so thats an awful review, but I would definitely say do not allow this to steer you away from the album, its still a hell of an album, if you do like johns previous work, pick it up.
    sykguitaryst
    this review sucks, but its right. this album is a great listen, i think some of the album is a ripoff sense some songs are seperated (think 27 needles with the acoustic part chopped off and named whatever the next track is and then 27 needles comes back on) and when i see the number 10 i wanna hear 10 different tracks not 8 or 9, but its a good album nonetheless. another thing.. the guitar doesnt really vary too much from TDKMN, its all mostly just shred, and his slower stuff (sugar foot rag cover, damaged) was what got me into him in the first place. but.. this is my favorite john 5 album to listen to. hope that helped straighten out this crappy review
    Shailesh54
    crazyhaircut94
    Shailesh54 wrote: Just got the album today. WOW. Fantastic. That's how good a telecaster can sound?? Seriously???
    A normal tele? No. John5's tele? Yes. He is using his own Telecaster with an Enforcer Humbucker and a Fender Custom Shop Twisted Tele pickup. Called the J5 Telecaster Prototype (not buyable)
    bucketbrain27
    i feel this album to be repetetive too, i agree with Jim Page. Don't get me wrong, it is a great album for john 5, i love his music, i prefer tdkmn and songs for sanity over the other albums though, much more content and melodies going on. vertigo is kick ass in my opinion up until like a few songs in, but he is an amazing guitarist. i think also what makes the second album so great is all the guest guitarists on it, and also steve vai on songs for sanity, i mean seriously freaking rocks out big time, john 5!!! awesome!!!
    idpmofo
    not as good as 'Devil Knows My Name' which means its not a 10, just a 9.8
    ibanez_freq_777
    OK first of all... Yeah John 5 is an amazing guitarist, and yeah he's prolly better than I or any of u ****tards will ever be. Having said that...What the **** is the point in bitching/"commenting" on anything on the internet and expecting anyone at all to take you seriously. This is just getting ridiculous. Yeah everyone knows its great, GET OVER IT! "Jesus may love you but I think ur a ****"
    jimmyled
    I didn't understand a word of the review. It's really befuddling. Anyway, the names of the songs sound like generic Black Metal names to me... Laughable review.
    gareno
    no kidding why would you give an album that has no lyrics a 10 out of 10?????
    gareno
    no kidding why would you give an album that has no lyrics a 10 out of 10?????
    Franz Mercury
    ебаные тупорылы 77; америкос 99;, вы со мной но белорусс 82;ом поговори 90;е. я вам вашу правильн 86;сть в жопу засуну что рональд макдонал 00;д не выколупа 77;т. блядские хуирожие говнорук 80;е долбовье 73;енцы.
    Emenius Sleepus
    quite obviously the reviewer's first language isn't English. UG, I would have said before I read this your requirements were a bit more strict.
    Reddaz
    Matt_Synyster
    Terrible review to be honest, and I find it hilarious how at the top it says "Number of tracks: 10", followed by: "11 magic tracs, full of scream, blood, filth and the cleanest love to music. There are a lot of incredible crazy sounds!" Someone needs to put more attention into the review, especially an album as deserving of critique as this one.
    Steve-O~32
    dude..if your gonna write a review, in english, please learn the language (although i did have a good chuckle while reading it)
    Underjoggle
    One of the songs is "Pear of Anguish". Guys, I think Mr. Lowery is lurking in the Pit.
    Dudeman5000
    Ha ha!
    Jau_Peacecraft
    UG is in questionable shape with these reviews as of late. A little bit of professionalism wouldn't kill them in this department.
    Entropy
    Dude, learn to spell. John's my favorite guitarist, so I'm hoping this is good. Although I wasn't happy with the song Sounds of Impalement which he put on his myspace... it sounded like a lot of things from his last album mixed into one song...
    EvilWeevil
    Reddaz
    EvilWeevil wrote: Can someone please learn to use proper english...Might check this out though if it can inspire Mongoloid english
    JustMalcolm
    haha well i definitely agree that he's evil.
    THE NEKRYPH
    I didn't think The Devil Knows My Name was that "coolly" at all. In fact, I think his best so far was his first, Vertigo. Unless someone else writes one soon, I'll be writing a review for this presently.....
    TjGk
    So does your review have to be...approved at all to go onto the front page? Must give this album a listen. I love all his previous work.
    Jim Page
    This album is great, but I have to admit that John gets very repetative in his guitar phrasing and soloing, he is one of my favourites don't get me wrong, but he just repeates stuff too often on the new album...
    Jim Page
    Shread_6009
    Reddaz : Love John 5, but how the hell can an instrumental album get 10/10 for lyrics and singing? Please tell me that english isn't your 1st language cos that was craply written
    he gets a 10 on default, cause it doesn't have any lyrics.
    NorfIrIon
    The album was released on 60 Cycle Hum, by the way. I also just wrote a better review for this. I used my amazing linguistic skills.
    gareno
    you can't go saying john 5 isn't evil, he played with marilyn manson which is like one of the most satanic bands of all time and by calling his cd requiem he is trying to mock christianity which proves he's evil